Need Help Making A Decision?
Call or Text us with any questions you might have
Sewer Scope Inspection
- Rodents or pests: Has your house become home to some unwanted guests? Rodents are commonly found in sewer systems, so seeing them above ground could indicate clogging or other problems, not just infestation. You should also consider a pest inspection if you notice signs of pests in your home.
- Water backups: Water backups in your house or crawl spaces can indicate damage or cracks in the sewer line.
- Shifting or movement in the ground around your property: Soil movement caused by natural forces, like heavy rain, can create offset pipe joints. This can lead to clogging or leaks.
- Lush patches of grass in your yard: Sewer water can actually fertilize your grass. If you notice a rich green patch of grass in your yard but the rest of your grass looks normal, it could be a sewer or septic leak.
- Large trees in your backyard: Roots from large trees can grow around and compress the sewer pipe, either breaking or cracking it. Roots may even grow into small cracks, which can cause clogging or leaks.
- House was built more than 25 years ago: Older homes (pre-1970s) are more likely to have sewers with existing damage or cracks. Homes built before 1984 may still have clay sewer pipes that can easily be cracked or crushed
Does Your Home Have Cast Iron Plumbing?
Its difficult to tell if all or any of the cast iron plumbing has been replaced on an older home. A sewer scope is a quick and easy way to find out what drainage pipe materials are present in your home.
Plumbing Is Hidden And Often Over Looked
Mostly buried underground it can be very difficult to know how the sewer system is performing. Running a sewer camera both under the home and out to the street gives you a clear image of how its functioning.
Our Inspector will find a point of access, such as a sewer clean out. A camera is then fed into the sewer pipe and run through the entire length of the sewer line until it reaches the city’s sanitary main. Throughout this process, the sewer line is inspected for common flaws.
Clogs or slow draining lines are normally a sign of a screw line in need of repair. These issues can happy for many reasons but without a view from the inside they are very hard to diagnose.